Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Star

On the final day of the full moon, the lady snake emerged from the lake to shed. Have you ever seen a snake shed it's skin?

In front of her, flames flickered and danced over dark water before finally forming the 6 pointed star. And when I showed the image to the Hermit, he claimed her the Lady Babylon but I think not...

I think she is the serpent rising from the depths of the lake to watch the moon before it turns its face away. I think she rose from her slumber this night to remove laden weight.

As the flames burned out, she disappeared beneath the black sappire lake again, not to be seen till the next full moon.

Tell me, *Samiri... what does the lady snake do beneath the waves until she comes up again?

"She lies asleep in a trance, watching the Beetle King dance..."